SUBSCRIBE for new videos every Wednesday!
** get more vegan dessert recipes **
hot for food shows you how to make decadent raw vegan strawberry cheesecake bites.
** makes 24 cheesecake bites **
1 C pecans
6 medjool dates
1/4 C shredded coconut
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 C raw cashews (soaked for 3 hours)
1/2 C frozen strawberry slices
1/4 C agave nectar
1/4 C coconut oil (melted)
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 C frozen strawberries, melted
1. Remove the pits from the medjool dates and soak them in warm water for 10 mins.
2. Drain the water from the dates and place in a food processor along with the remaining ingredients. Process until the nuts are crumbled and the crust is sticking together on it’s own.
3. Press about 1 1/2 tsp of the mixture into the bottom of each mini muffin cup.
tip: to remove the cheesecakes easily from the tray, cut 4 inch strips of parchment paper and place those in the bottom of each cup. Press the crust mixture on top of these. Then when the cheesecakes are done setting in the freezer you can pull on the parchment tabs to lift the cheesecakes out.
4. Drain cashews from the soaking water and rinse under fresh water.
5. Then add them to a high speed blender or vitamix along with frozen strawberries, agave nectar, melted coconut oil, and lemon juice. Blend until smooth.
6. Pour this mixture into a bowl and set aside. Clean out the blender to make the strawberry puree for the swirl.
6. Allow the strawberries for the topping to melt at room temperature or heat over low heat in sauce pan for a few minutes until soft. Then blend this in a blender into a smooth puree.
7. Take a scant tablespoon of the cashew filling and pour on top of the pressed crust. Then take 1/2 tsp of strawberry puree and dollop on top of the cashew filling. Take the end of a toothpick and swirl the two mixtures around to make a fun artsy pattern!
8. Freeze the cheesecakes for 1-2 hours until solid. Remove them from the mini muffin trays and allow to thaw for 10-15 mins. before biting into them.
website – http://www.hotforfoodblog.com
twitter – http://www.twitter.com/hotforfood
instagram – http://www.instagram.com/hotfofood
facebook – http://www.facebook.com/hotforfoodblog
pinterest – http://www.pinterest.com/hotforfoodblog