WATCH my NEW Triple Chocolate Pumpkin Brownie recipe on Kin Community: http://bit.ly/gemmaspumpkinbrownie
Hi Bold Bakers! This week, I’m sharing my favorite Irish Gingerbread recipe and I’ll show you how to make it into a BIG & BOLD Holiday Trifle with gorgeous layers of whipped orange cream cheese filling and cranberry orange sauce. Plus, WATCH my NEW episode of Chocolicious on the Kin Community Channel. So let’s get baking!
WATCH more episodes of Gemma’s Bigger Bolder Baking HERE:
* Pumpkin Cheesecake with Pecan Praline Sauce: http://bit.ly/gemmaspumpkinchscake
* Pumpkin Bread Pudding: http://bit.ly/gemmaspumpkin
* Best-Ever Cinnamon Rolls: http://bit.ly/gemmascinnamonrolls
* No Machine Ice Cream: http://bit.ly/Gemmasicecream
FOLLOW ME HERE, FELLOW BOLD BAKERS
FULL RECIPE LISTED BELOW
Gemma’s Holiday Gingerbread Trifle
1 Cup (8oz/225g)) light brown sugar
¾ Cup (8oz/225g) Treacle/molasses
2 sticks( 8oz/225g) Butter
3 Cups (16oz/450g) Ap flour
2 tsp Ground ginger
1 Tbsp Cinnamon
2 Whole Eggs
1 ¼ cups (10floz/300ml) Whole milk
2 level tsp Baking soda
1. Preheat the oven to 150oC/300oF.
2. Grease and line 2 loaf tins (9×5”)
3. In a pot, gently heat the sugar, butter and treacle until melted. Set aside to cool once melted.
4. Sift the flour and spices over the mix and stir in. Then whisk in the eggs.
5. Whisk the eggs together and then pour them into the treacle mix.
6. Whisk Warm the milk in the microwave or in a pot on the stove. Whisk the bicarbonate (baking soda) into the milk . You will see it bubble and activate.
7. Whisk the milk straight into the treacle mix until well combined. You will notice this is a thin batter, that’s ok.
8. Pour the batter into your prepared tin.
9. Bake at 300oF (150oC) for 45 minutes. Then gently cover the tins with ally mum foil and continue baking for a further 15 minutes. This step is very important as it creates a lovely sticky, moist gingerbread.
10. Once the hour is up take them out of the oven, leaving the foil on.
11. Now let them sit on a wire wrack in the tins until they are totally cold. The warmth of the cakes steams the cake and you get a beautifully sticky top and a soft moist cake.
12. Store your gingerbread well wrapped in parchment paper and cling wrap. The bread will stay fresh for 3-4 days. Also freezes well.
Cream Cheese Orange Cream
8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
1/4 cup (2oz/55g) sugar
1 orange, zested and juiced
2 cups heavy cream
In the bowl of an electric mixer with a whisk (or in a large bowl with a hand mixer), whisk cream cheese until smooth. Then add sugar, orange zest, juice and cream. Beat until the mix thickens and doubles in size. Store in the fridge until needed
Cranberry and Orange Sauce
2 bags (12 oz each) cranberries, fresh or frozen
2 cups (400g/14oz) sugar
1 orange, zested and juiced
2 cups (16oz/45ofloz ) water
In a medium saucepan, combine cranberries, sugar, orange zest and juice and water. Bring to a simmer over low; cook until cranberries begin to burst, 10-12 minutes until it resembles jam and is thick. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
To build your trifle: In your presentation bowl, lay in cubes of gingerbread. Top with a thick layer of the orange cream filling. Then generously spoon over your cranberry sauce. Repeat layers again for a BIG and BOLD trifle.
This can be make a day in advance and kept refrigerated.