Watch this video to find out how to make this recipe. Click to subscribe for more recipes.
3 medium apples
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup refined flour + for dusting
1 cup powdered sugar
½ teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder
150 grams melted butter + for greasing
1 cup skimmed milk
1 tablespoon oil
1. Preheat oven at 180ºC. Grease a round baking tin with some butter and dust with some refined flour.
2. Sift together wheat flour, refined flour, powdered sugar, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon powder into a bowl. Mix well.
3. Peel, roughly chop and puree the apples finely. Transfer into a bowl, add butter and milk and whisk well.
4. Add the flour mixture gradually and fold till well combined. Add oil and mix well.
5. Pour the batter in the prepared tin, tap, put in the preheated oven and bake for 30-35 minutes.
6. Remove from heat, cool and demould. Serve.
Preparation time: 25-30 minutes
Cooking Time: 30-35 minutes